First week is behind us. Still on track for New Year's resolutions? 😜
Take a breath, the latest 3-in-3 shows you why you need to stay focused in a world brimming with distractions, explores groundbreaking AI developments and rediscovers the timeless value of long-term thinking
Thing 1 - The current thing
You miss a day, you missed everything.
You miss a week, you missed nothing.
This is how the news cycle hooks you, driven by algorithms that grab your attention.
(but also look at Threads going)
This is your sign to focus more on YOUR thing and ignore the noise.
Thing 2 - AI of the week
- Google might be working on advanced Bard that you need to pay for
- NeverEnds is a new AI video generation tool - available for testing
- MotionGPT - generates realistic human motion from text or text from motion
- Meta released audio2photoreal - generating real humans and synthesizing (visualizing) conversations from their voice 🤯
- Deep Mind + Stanford introduced Mobile ALOHA hardware - A low-cost, open-source, mobile manipulator
- Microsoft Bing released Deep Search - builds on Bing's existing web index and ranking system and enhances them with GPT-4
- Bland AI (what's with these names??) - send or receive millions of phone calls per day with programmable voice agents that sound and feel human
Thing 3 - Patience and Progress - The Reward of Long-Term Thinking
When you are playing the long-term game, it’s sometimes frustrating to see short-term thinkers get ahead, but you will look back in ten years, see where they are, see where you are, and you will be happy you didn’t take the seemingly easier path.
- Orange Book
Set your sights on big goals, then take small, steady steps to get there.
Keep going with patience and grit, and balance it all with fun and love ❤️🎉
You can do it!